Sankofa Tribe Workshops
Dr. Doula shares what she learned about basic expectations of helpers and companions during birth and postpartum through these sessions and workshops.
General topics covered in “10 Things… What Every Woman Should Know about Birth” are:
- From Back Then to Here & Now
- The Medical Side of Birth
- Envisioning Your Birth
- Integrating Traditions
- The Ultimate of Baby Bonding
General topics covered in “10 Things… What Every Helper Should Know about Postpartum” are:
- Becoming a Helper (Umsizi)
- Nurturing the New Mom (Umdlezane)
- Newborn's Needs
- Basics of nutrition
- Rites of Passage
"Sankofa Ways" Workshop is a hands-on mentoring in traditional birth and postpartum practices.